A career at Mentis is fulfilling both personally and professionally. We have over 30 employees, from administrative support to licensed clinicians. Please see below for current openings.
No Current Opening
No Current Opening
We have two open positions below.
Mentis, a private non-profit agency located in the beautiful Napa Valley, seeks a Bi-lingual Mental Health Therapist (Spanish/English) to provide mental health treatment services at our office as well as in the community at schools to diverse clientele of all ages who are coping with multiple and complex psychosocial stressors. This is a unique opportunity for a clinician that wants to gain broad experience working with teens, adults, couples, and families.
This is a great opportunity for clinical growth in a supportive environment with a friendly, knowledgeable team. We provide both individual and group supervision for interns in preparation for licensure. If you already possess a clinical license, you will enjoy the positive, team atmosphere and access to clinical consultation.
The position is 32-40 hours per week with a competitive salary experience and excellent benefit package. We offer a very generous holiday schedule as well as schedule flexibility, both of which are designed to encourage good self-care practices and healthy work-life balance.
Benefits for our regular full-time employees include the following:
- Earn up to 12 vacation days per year
- Earn up to 10 sick days per year
- Enjoy 12 holidays per year, plus a winter break
- Up to 87% paid premium for medical and fully covered dental premium
- 401k retirement plan (available to part-time employees as well)
- Annual training allowance
- Paid time off for training
It is possible to apply for this position on a part-time, hourly basis if that is preferable.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide on-site therapeutic services to individuals, couples and families
- Provide off-site therapeutic services to children in schools
- Facilitate off-site groups in collaboration with agency partners
- Manage an active caseload of 60% client contact and 40% documentation/collateral contacts/coordination of care
- Case conceptualization with referrals to other providers when appropriate
- Participate in weekly supervision and/or clinical case consultation meetings
- Maintain accurate service records for billing and data tracking purposes
- Provide mental health support during time of community disaster and crisis based upon availability and capacity
- Engage in regular case consultation with peers and clinical director when necessary
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills:
- Considerable knowledge of techniques and principles of individual, family and group therapy in addition to experience practicing cognitive behavioral therapy, trauma response and trauma focused interventions, and child abuse and domestic violence.
- Knowledge of community resources throughout Napa County.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Maintain professional and ethical standards
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office programs and electronic communication methods as well as web-based databases
- Completion of master’s degree coursework and internships in clinical program with continuing education coursework
- Ability to read, speak, and write in Spanish
- Registered intern, license eligible, or licensed by the California State Board of Behavioral Sciences
- Experience in coordination of clinical services
- Ability to be flexible in a variety of work settings
- Ability to provide proof of automobile insurance if conducting agency business with personal vehicle and proof of personal malpractice insurance
- Experience with Medi-Cal billing is a plus
Mentis is an equal opportunity employer who does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Need more information?
For any questions, click below to send us a job inquiry email.