Animal-Assisted Therapy (AAT) is a goal-directed intervention in which an animal is an integral part of the treatment process. The animal works in partnership with a human therapist to provide compassionate and stimulating therapy designed to facilitate human client recovery. They are affectionate, responsive, unconditionally accepting and nonjudgmental.
How do we know that AAT really works?
Medical research consistently shows that the interaction between a person and a pet can be physically and psychologically beneﬁcial. Physical and psychological beneﬁts include:
- Lower blood pressure and slower pulse rate
- Signiﬁcantly higher survival rate from heart attacks
- Accelerated recovery rates from illness and surgery
- Decreased depression, anxiety and isolation
- Increased sense of well-being and conﬁdence
- Increased socialization and interaction with others
For more information or to request an appointment, call our office at 707/255.0966 ext.132 or email us.
Need more information?
For more information or to request an appointment, feel free to call our office at 707/255.0966 ext.132.